Don't We Live the Life

Friday, July 14, 2006

I am trying to break your heart

This post is essentially dedicated to the awesomeness that was Wednesday's Wilco concert.
Its also dedicated a bit to the events of my life in the last couple of weeks.

But first things first.

Wilco blew my fucking mind.

Best concert I've ever been to hands down. (Sorry Joel Plaskett and Cuff the Duke in January '05, you've been usurped)

I dunno man, it was just amazing. They played A Shot in the Arm and I thought I could die happy after hearing that song live. Basically the whole freaking concert was just one amazing moment after another. They did 2 encores, including a wicked rendition of Spiders(kidsmoke) that was like the finale. I don't think I can remember the last time I rocked out that hard. I was exhausted by the end of the concert.

They opened the concert with I am Trying to Break Your Heart, and well... they did.

OOOkay and now I will stop being a gushing crazed fan...

Suffice to say that it was the (halifax) highlite of my very eventful summer thus far.


I am moving out in September, there's a bunch of reasons that I don't feel like going into, not in this type of venue anyway. I am 99% sure I have a place all lined up, I just need to check it out and make sure it's livable. It has a balcony, and it's mine. It really couldn't be any better. It's a bachelor, but I figure it can't be any smaller than my place in Ottawa, and there was no balcony there... essentially, I'm really excited for the balcony and the rest is just gravy.
Stay posted for the housewarming party announcement in early September.

The last couple of mornings this dude who lives 2 houses down from my bedroom window has been having his yard re-done, and this morning a jackhammer woke me up at 8am, followed by dump trucks and backhoes around 9am. Ok. so. 1.) YOU LIVE IN THE CITY. YOUR YARD IS THE SIZE OF MY BEDROOM. 2.) hire some people who don't insist on standing around and yelling "WE'RE IN THE JUNGLE!" NO. You're not. You're in Halifax actually. In a Nice. QUIET. Neighbourhood.

Basically, it could have been a choir of children singing hymns, but at 8am when you wake me up, you're the epitomy of evil as far as I am concerned.

I ran out of remember what I as going to write this about.

Raspberry gingerale is amazing.

That is all.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home