Don't We Live the Life

Sunday, July 02, 2006

O Canada, O Halifax

Yesterday was Canada day, which means the busiest day possibly all summer for people who work at a waterfront establishment such as myself. I worked a double yesterday, which under normal circumstances can be tiring enough, but couple that with the day that it happened to be and it led to utter exhaustion by 4pm. I was lucky enough to get a 20min break to eat a salad and chill out. I decided that it would be beneficial for me to leave the building to get my shit together, and so I headed to the boardwalk along the waterfront (a 1min walk essentially from the restaurant) I sat down on the wooden wall and noticed a man packing up his guitar next to me. I smiled, he smiled back and then proceeded to ask if I worked at the Warehouse, to which I replied yes. He asked me about my day and I told him that it had been pretty hectic. Then, he said "can I atleast play you a tune before I go?", to which I replied, "yes!". And so this perfect stranger sat down next to me and played and sang me Old Man by Neil Young. When the song was finished, he gave me a big hug and told me to keep my head up, drink lots of water and have a good night. To which I replied, "thank you. I needed that."

There's a reason why I love this town...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home