Don't We Live the Life

Friday, November 10, 2006

I know I often ask too much when I think nobody is listening

I had this crazy dream last night (this morning?) that I was back in high school, and I had to cook a stirfry, but I couldn't because I had to be at figure skating practice like 10min ago, but the vegetables for the sitrfry were already washed and ready to go...
I think this means that I've had enough of this freaking liquid diet and I want some solid food like mad, and also I miss figure skating.

or something.

So i officially joined the legions of people who actually purchase online music versus just stealing it. I bought my very first i-tunes song last night. I was going through my old tapes (thats right, I have a very extensive tape collection) and I found the song, "The Reason Why I'm Shy" by The Inbreds . They sound like they should have hailed from Halifax circa Thursh Hermit, Sloan and that whole "the next Seattle" movement in the 90s, but they're from Kingston (though produced some records on Sloan's record label, which may explain the sound..) Anyway, it was a good musical re-discovery.

I've been on a fashion kick lately? Not in the like... I want to go shopping all the time but more in a fashion interest sense. I have a stack (well, 3) of fashion magazines that I have absolutely no time to read, but I desperately want to. My plan for Christmas vaca is to just read fashion magazines, drink a whole lot and work to make the money. I found all these blogs dedicated to all things fashion, and one is by a design student from Parsons in NYC.

It makes me remember that its been a long time since I've done anything mildly artistic. I have
1/2 a roll of black and white film left on my camera that I need to finish off and get developed. I also used to take pictures of everything I did. But now I leave my camera home. I didn't take a single picture when I went away to MTL and TO this summer, and now all I have is a bunch of hazey memories. There were definately some photo-worthy scenes that I was involved with during that trip, yet no pictures. A lot of my friends don't like having their picture taken, which I can respect. I don't want to be the obnoxious-camera-always-in-your-face friend by any means, but it would still be nice to have somewhat of a visual record of this year and the people I encounter.

Well.. off to read... and then to work

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home