Don't We Live the Life

Sunday, December 31, 2006

My Pop Quiz Kid

We all know that I can be a lazy SOB, and this post is no exception.

It's the end of another year and here is yet another year in review type of thing, add it to the barrage of other ones floating around. Real update to follow maybe... But probably not for a few days. I would not recommend holding your breath in anticpation.

And go.



1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Went on a killer roadtrip

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
It says here, circa last year that my resolution was to: "I think I need to have fun, take things less seriously and remember how to just chill the fuck out again." I'll drink to that. Fairly successful completion of those goals especially this summer. This summer was fun. And chill. As far as further resolutions for this year, I'd like to eat better and more frequently, and take care of myself a bit better in general.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope. Baby Free 'round these parts.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope, death free too thankfully.

5. What countries did you visit?
Toronto

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A plan for my life

7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 1 through August 31 because those were 4 of the most fun/best months of my life.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Doing as well in school as I did last year while working 30-40 hours a week

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not keeping in touch

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious, mostly just minor scrapes and headaches, caused by drinking mostly...

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A Wilco ticket

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
A few people. I don't like to name names, but I definately have a few heroes in my friends.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Again, not into naming names. Just please be safe.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Alcohol, meals out, and shoes

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
ROADTRIP! Wilco concert, my potluck party

16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
The entire Arcade Fire album Funeral

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:i. happier or sadder? . ii. thinner or fatter? .iii. richer or poorer?
happier, thinner and richer. booya.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Laundry

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Laundry

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
It was spent at home in Chester. It was much different than last year and I will leave it at that.

The person I stole this from deleted #21 I guess and I can't be assed to renumber the rest.

22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Yes. with my life and a lot of the people who are in it right now

23. How many one-night stands?
One

24. What was your favorite TV program?
What not to Wear

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't think I really hate anybody... stronlgy dislike, sure...

26. What was the best book you read?
I know this will cause some eye rolling, but Rivethead by Ben Hamper.. it was for school, and it was an account from a Michigan car factory worker.. and yeah I know... but it was really cool...

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Wilco, even though I didn't discover them this year, but I discovered my like for them..
That and Hip Hop. I have a newfound and intense appreciation for hip hop
Whitest white girl ever..

28. What did you want and get?
A bitchin place to live

29. What did you want and not get?
A winning lottery ticket and A+s

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
NO idea

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went to Split Crow Power Hour for the first time, split a tray of 28 beer, and didn't stop until the wee hours of the morning. 21 has been good to me.

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
This year was pretty damn satisfying

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Street Couture... I like sneakers a lot...

34. What kept you sane?
My friends, lunch at Coburg Coffee House, cigarettes, alcohol

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I grew an intense respect and like for John Stewart, but I wouldn't say that I fancied him...

36. What political issue stirred you the most
The war in Iraq

37. Who did you miss?
Various peoples in Ottawa

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Shannon M. and Jenna D.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
Roll with it. It makes things more interesting

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Heeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy sweet darlin' lets go dancing tonight....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home