Don't We Live the Life

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Then magnificenty we will float into the mystic

When I graduate univeristy I am going to write a letter to the fine folks who make Fruit Loops and tell them how their cereal has fed me for 4 years and no doubt contributed to my successes.

The end is in sight, and despite my near temper tantrum actions I don't think this semester is going to be as bad as I had built it up to be.

Of coure, ask me again in a month when all my first assignments are due and I am over worked and over tired.

I'm taking an entire class on Victorian exhibitions in Canada, and I'm going to write a long winded and creepy essay on Victorian era freakshows.
I also am making my first step towards becoming a real academic by presenting a paper at an academic conference that I was invited to partake in. I really hope I like it, because if not my already shakey life plans will once again be ruined; or altered at the very least.

Life is good I think. I'm feeling pretty content, but also teetering on the edge of minor freakouts at pretty much the drop of a hat. I'm pretty anxious about what April will bring, but more so than that I am terrified about August. I mostly just don't want to move my life across a great distance again. All of my stuff fits perfectly inside this apartment that I miss more than I can describe when I am not here. This place is home more than any other place I've been in recent memory. I did a small dance when I got back here after Christmas vaca. True story.

I also like this city, despite the fact that it rains pretty much every day. It occured to me yesterday during the monsoon that was going on that it should have been a massive grind-the-city-to-a-halt snow storm, but instead I just got kind of soaked and cranky.

I also realize that come september, most of the people who make my life so amazing will be leaving to see what else is out there and that staying around might invole the same feeling as being at a party well after its reached its peak. You know, that awkward ahh shit I should have left an hour ago feeling but now I feel obligated to stay kind of feeling.

I guess I have a lot of decisions to make, but I also keep telling myself to stop thinking about it and stop keeping myself up at night because these aren't the kind of things that I can solve in the immediate future. This is most definately a wait it out and see type of situation, which drives me nuts because as much as I like the chaos and spontanity that usually defines my life, I also like to have the answers. I like to know whats going on in the big picture even though I like, and thrive on, the confusion of the moment.

Despite my previous ode to Fruit Loops, I've actually been doing a fairly good job of sticking to my New Years resolution of eating better thus far. Which is cool, because some of my previous resolutions have lasted all of a day (if that even).

And that about sums that up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home